Sunday, November 25, 2007

Fiddlesticks

How is everybody doing on their Fiddlesticks socks??? I've finished the first sock, knit the foot of the second and I'm working my way up to the cuff. I've included some pictures.

The first picture is the completed first sock and the second sock in progress. :)

The second picture shows a close up of how I keep track of which row I am on. I made a card for each row and punched a hole in it and tied them together with yarn. I just flip the card when I finish each row, (see the white marker, that tells me when I've completed a row). When I put my knitting in my bag, I use a paper clip to hold the cards together so I don't accidentally start on the wrong row. :)

The third picture is a close up of the pattern stitch. I am using 72 stitches, but I'm not following their pattern exactly. I wanted to keep my P2 column that I established on the foot using the K2P2 rib up through the leg of the sock. So, instead of doing the extra 2 rows the pattern called for, I just did rows 1 - 10. It just made for one more repeat of the stitch pattern than for the 64 stitch sock.

I hope everybody is doing well on their socks. I can't wait to see everybody next month. :)

2 comments:

Kathleen said...

Very nice, Traci! I'm trying to work on these socks, but Christmas knitting has derailed me, that and I didn't see the errata before I cast on and I didn't do the ribbing correctly. Oh, well.

Brilliant way to keep track of your rows!

Anonymous said...

Kathleen,

Thanks. :) The only reason I'm making good progress on mine is that they are a Christmas gift. :) I don't particularly like green, but my SIL does, so they are for her. :)