Monday, October 1, 2007

One down. . .

Hi folks! I've got one sock down and one to go. . . maybe. The finished sock is just a tad too small and I'm fairly certain I didn't do the toe right. Did you all decrease two times in a decrease round or times in a decrease round? I did two decreases, and I have a seriously long toe area that ends in an elf-like point!! I used the Magic Loop, and the directions were written for DPNs, and the decreasing directions weren't clear to me. Please advise.

My camera's out of batteries, so no pics until tonight or tomorrow.

I also started the Little Sky Sock from Cat's book, and it's really fun. I'll finish two of these for sure! One of my best friends has a little guy who's four months old--the perfect little recipient for these practice socks.

5 comments:

Karen W. said...

I finshed the two pairs of practice socks and I finished my walking rib socks...well they were finished, but now one is again unfinished - just the toe. I did the first one and my decreases (4 per round - one for each needle, but since I used circulars, it ended up being two per needle); anyway the decreases were on the top and bottom center of the toe for the first sock, and I thought I followed the directions. My husband said "that looks funny" and I told him to bug off - he knew nothing about knitting! Then I did the second one, followed the directions, and the decreases came out on the side of the toe, like a sock should!. So I've ripped out the toe on the first sock and am starting the toe again. I hate it when husbands are right! I did have one problem, and that is that my "walking rib" changed directions at the gusset. I think I know the problem, and it's not really noticeable with the sock on, so I decided to leave it. I love the yarn I chose and if I can figure out how to get a picture posted, I will.

Unknown said...

This is my 4th try to blog on. Hope it works
I have a pair of socks toe up on one circ needle almost finished. I used the book to make a custom pair. The arch increase was new to me. I like the look and it fits great. The heel was a little more difficult for me, took lots of reading and thinking. It turned out to be the best heel/wing I have ever done.
Once you understand the book, read and work as you read, this is the best yet.
Judy

Unknown said...

OK I finished my socks. Did the reinforced heel, 3row K1,P1 rib at cuff and EZ sewn bind off. Now if it will get below 90 I will wear them. HA!
If anyone has left overs from their socks made with Shaefer yarns, I will purchase them. Have a new project in mind.
Judy

Unknown said...

OK where are all you sock blogers???
It's still 90 degrees here.
Would enjoy hearing from the rest of you.
Judy

Unknown said...

How do I send the photo. I can't seem to find the way to transfer it to send.
Judy