Friday, October 26, 2007

Sharing my Lola Walking Rib Socks

Hi all! I just thought I'd share my first completed socks for sock club...


(click the image to see them larger on my Flickr page)

They're going to be a birthday gift for my grandmother who turns 70 on November 3rd! I can't wait to give them to her.

Did everyone pick up lots more sock yarn at the Schaefer Yarn Co. trunk show the other night? I picked up some of the Heather, but I'm not sure yet what pattern I'm going to knit it up with. I got it in a beautiful, masculine blue and tan colorway so I can hopefully knit something nice for my hubby for Christmas this year!

Also, is anyone in the sock club a registered user on Ravelry? If not, go sign up! (And add me as a friend! My username there is "mandi".)

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Amanda,

Those look great. :) I bet your grandmother will LOVE them. :) You'll have to take pictures of her with her new socks and post them for us to see. :)

Mandi said...

Thanks Tracey! I hope she'll like them.

Kathleen said...

Where'd you get those cool sock blockers?

Mandi said...

Kathleen -- I got the sock blockers from TheLoopyEwe.com. I'm a little hooked on that site, ha ha.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

Loved knitting these socks. Can't wait to see the next yarn and pattern.